Saturday, January 13, 2007

So about LABOR and DELIVERY

FIRST, for more pictures of CLAIRE, the little jagger beef, scroll down to the right side of my blog and click on OUR PICTURES, Im sure Keith will be updating it regularly.

I feel like I owe it to all those soon-to-be moms out there to describe my very recent experience of GIVING birth- Which I'd like to mention is the very meaning of "Eve", hence I can now die at peace knowing I've lived out my calling and destiny :) JK

Here are some key and valuable points:
-You WILL know when your water breaks, don't think you'll miss it. And once it breaks, that doesn't mean your done. I was leaking for the next six hours and my pants were actually soaked when I arrived at the hospital

-Having a good support person is key to labor. Keith was unbelievable supportive and it was actually mostly physical. I spent the majority of my labor holding onto him, rocking with him, and following the rhythm of his breathing.

-Try as many positions as possible. Once you find one that works just stick with it! I tried out several but found rocking on my knees to be the one that got me through. And just because they give you a bar to hang off of and squat with doesn't mean you should use it. I didn't know what to do with the thing

-Labor hurts. It's true. The last hours are mostly unbearable. I said it all in moans and groans "Somebody help me", "It hurts, it hurts so much", "I can't do this anymore"...say it if it helps. Of course I could still do it, but it helped to say I couldn't, don't listen to the silly optimists :)

-RELIEF. More than anything, I felt relieved to have Claire out of my body. It was so good to hold her and see her and feel her, but more than that just to know I'd made it through.

-Surprise! It was great being surprised about having a girl. We were 98% sure it was a boy. So the advice is to actually LISTEN to the doctor when she announces what the sex is. I didn't and Keith had to get my attention for me to realize it was a girl!

- Don't call people IMMEDIATELy after delivery. My grandma tried to talk my ear off 2 minutes after I had the baby. Instead, send a mass text message to relay the news if you can't wait

-Labor is more exhausting than you realize. I didn't expect to not be able to stand or go to the bathroom on my own for a few days. It's a week later and Im still completely fatigued. The straining that comes with the pushing takes every ounce of energy the female body can muster...and it won't return for weeks

- Having a baby early in marriage isn't bad, wrong, stressful...My love for Keith has grown faster and more intensly than it ever has in our marriage. Every time I look at Claire's face, Im also seeing Keith's and learning to embrace him and hold him more tightly

-Breastfeeding HURTS. It STILL hurts. I know it will get better in a few weeks, but most of us will bleed, blister, crack, and cry ourselves before it gets easy. It's hard for a frustrated mom and baby to learn to feed together, but hang in there and celebrate the progress made each day

-SLEEP as much as you can leading up to the labor. I did and I think it helped alot. I probably wont catch up on my sleep for months now.

-Limit visitors. All 3 of us, though so happy to see so many visitors, are a bit overwhelmed. Give yourselves time to adjust to a new life and new world. People will be just as excited to see the baby in few weeks. It's okay to be selfish and look out for your family's needs first at such a fragile and sensitive and emotional time

-Babies are beautiful. God is miraculous.

We hope youll continue to check out our pictures!

6 comments:

The Chinlund Family said...

She is perfect!!! Congratulations a hundred times over!!! Mark just told me this morning at church that you had had your little one, so of course I raced home to check your blog :) Thank you for your honesty about labor... my anticipation for our own baby is growing every day. Seeing and reading about Claire and your experience only makes me that much more excited!!! Congratulations again!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Well, I cant say that reading this made me ANY more ready to look at having kids... in fact, it made me a little glad we still have a while! :) But, I so much appreciate your honesty... and I know exactly who to go to when Justin and I ARE at that point, and I want the truth!! :) You're amazing!

keith said...

You are amazing, Eve! I don't know how you did it, but you did. And you made such a beatiful little GIRL! I am excited for the rest of the journey.
Love Ya

Anonymous said...

You are Amazing!! Congrats on everything Eve and Keith! Did you receive the package Becky and I put together?

love,
Jess

Anonymous said...

.




paula deen recipe


Hi matey and blog buddies, enjoyed the blog most interesting. Not sure how well you are doing in driving more traffic to your blog but If you are interested in promoting your site and getting more visitors (aren't we all??) I would definitely recommend the free Link Referral Program.

I have a website featuring paula deen recipe amongst other stuff and after trying every seo software/program on the net I got tipped off by an IT techi mate that the Link Referral Program was the best - more importantly it's free!!

The signup process was quick and before long my hits increased dramatically. Consequently my affiliate sales commissions and business sales went through the roof PLUS my website increased in google ranking which was an added bonus!!

If you didn't need this advice then I am sorry but you did have anonymous posting enabled on your blog. If anyone else has any good ideas for driving more traffic to blogs/websites then please share with your online business blog buddies. Ta ;-)









the Link Referral Program

.

pk said...

Thanks for the incredible post. Can't wait to meet her!